The main purpose of promotional products is to get your company logo noticed and recognized by potential clients. Unlike traditional forms of advertising, promotional items allow you to put your name on tangible, every day products. This increases brand familiarity and boosts your company's overall reliability in the eyes of the customers. The more your target audience sees your brand on promotional products, the longer the memory of doing business with your company will stay with them. This will ultimately lead to a stronger brand identity, which will help retain previous customers and also attract new ones.
In the past year, sales of promotional products reached an estimated $16 billion
. One question frequently asked question is, "Why has the personalized gifts and incentives industry had so much success?"
The answer lies in the data. Studies have shown that promotional products increase the customers' positive feelings and overall feelings of goodwill towards the company (Baylor University). These positive feelings ultimately translate into increased sales
. One study showed an incredible 51.3% increase of quarterly sales due to the promotional products distributed previously in the year
(Dallas Marketing Group & Promotional Products Association).
Another study conducted by the Advertising Specialty Institute discovered these findings in their recent study of promotional products:
- Instant recall: More than 8 out of 10 (84%) respondents remembered the advertisers of the promotional products they're received.
- Very impressionable: 42% of respondents had a MORE favorable impression of an advertiser after receiving the item. And nearly a quarter (24%) said they are MORE likely to do business with the advertiser on the items they receive.
- It's all business: Most respondents (62%) have done business with the advertiser on a promotional product after receiving the item.
- Pens are in: Personalized writing instruments are the most-recalled advertising specialty items (54% of respondents recall owning them), followed by imprinted shirts, caps and promotional bags.
- User-friendly: The majority (81%) of promotional products were kept because they were considered useful.
- Staying power: More than three-quarters of respondents have had their promotional items for more than 6 months.
- Bag it!: Among personalized wearables, promotional bags (especially tote bags) were reported to be used most frequently with respondents indicating that they used their bags an average of 9 times per month. They also deliver the most impressions: Each promotional bag averages 1,038 impressions per month.
- Most impressive: The average cost per impression (CPI) of an advertising specialty item is $0.004; as a result, marketers get a more favorable return on investment from advertising specialties than nearly any other popular advertising media.
In addition, promotional products are a great way to increase employee motivation
and create a harmonious working environment in the office. Reward employees and show your appreciation for all their hard work by giving them their favorite company gifts. Promo items make everyone feel like a team player, and as a team, your company is sure to succeed over the competition.
Promotional gifts and incentives are a perfect way of getting your company's name to stand out amongst your top competitors. Great for tradeshows giveaways, raising awareness, and fundraising events, customers will quickly become familiar with your brand located on their everyday, house-hold and office items. As the data has demonstrated, this will ultimately lead to increased brand recognition, brand awareness, and ultimately boost sales for your company. So don't delay; get started on putting your company out there today with a wide variety of promotional products to choose from!
Most popular promotional products categoriesSee what our customers are looking for here at PGIProducts.com. Any of these could be the right product for your next promotional product.